An Experiment in Rapid Chess Improvement

Record of my experience in undertaking Michael de la Maza's "Rapid Chess Improvement" program.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

It's a Conspiracy...


I think there is some sort of conspiracy against me playing OTB tournament chess. Let's consider the evidence:
  • Three tournaments ago: Some work thing came up to where I had to work the weekend, thereby missing the tournament.
  • Two tournaments ago: A nice 4 round SS and...I ended up being on call for work and got sick (I suspect some sort of poisoning from my office).
  • Most recent: I was hoping to play in the March 4 round SS at the new chess club in Austin, but round 1 was this past weekend and guess what? I had to work both Saturday and Sunday. Okay, it's one game each Sunday evening, so I take a bye for the first round, and play the next three Sunday evenings. Nice try. I'm going to Detroit on business for 4 weeks.
I also found out today that a weekly conference call was getting rearranged to...you guessed it...Thursday nights, right during my regular weekly game with OJ (not that it will matter for the next 4 weeks...).

Arggggghhh!



Ah, now I feel better after getting that off my chest. So, anyone know of any chess clubs in Detroit, Michigan? :-)

3 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Didn't you know that if you really want to become a Grandmaster in chess, you have to quit your job, move to Europe, and live on train cars?

 
At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Peter. Whats happening? Umm yeahhhh... I'm going to need you to come in tomorrow... and I'm going to need you to come in on Sunday too, mmmmkay?

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Heheh. Yeah, if you are serious about chess you would quit your job. *evil grin*

PS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home